TO BE READ IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE RULES OF GOLF AND ANY TEMPORARY
Out of Bounds (Rule 18.2a)
- Beyond any fence bounding the golf course.
- Beyond white stakes with black tops.
- Beyond white squares with black dots on the kerb LHS of the entry road. A Ball which crosses the LHS kerb of the entry road, and comes to rest beyond that point is out of bounds, even though it might lie on another part of the course.
- The Model Local Rule E-5, when a player’s ball has not been found or is known or virtually certain to be out of bounds, the player may proceed under the Stroke and Distance Local Rule for a Penalty of two strokes, rather than proceeding under stroke and distance. This Local Rule is not available if a provisional ball has been played.
Penalty Areas (Rule 17.1)
- Defined by red stakes or red lines.
Drop Zones with Penalty
- A ball entering the Penalty Area behind the 4th or 15th green defined by red stakes with blue tops may be dropped in the nearest designated drop zone under penalty of one stroke.
Drop Zone without Penalty
- Cart path rear of 5th green.
- LHS 14th fairway.
Ground Under Repair (Rule 16.1a)
- Defined by white stakes, lines or signs. White painted tree roots.
- Clearly defined deep wheel ruts. Erosion in bunkers.
- Gardens and hedges are NOT GUR unless so marked.
Immovable Obstructions (Rule 16.1)
- Stakes defining penalty areas and GUR. Safety screens. Retaining walls.
- Tree protection screens. Staked trees and shrubs.
- Traffic directional signs, posts and ropes and 150 metre markers.
- Sprinkler heads, within 2 club lengths of the green on the line of play, model local rule F-5
- In a bunker, if your ball lies on or your swing is obstructed by the exposed matting the rule 16.1b applies. No penalty but the ball must be dropped in the bunker.
Penalty for Breach of Local rules.
- Stroke play-two strokes. Matchplay – loss of hole.
- All measurements are metres to centre of green, including 150 metre markers located on either side of fairways. The use of measuring devices is permitted.
White – Front of green
Yellow – Middle of green
Check – Back of green.
- Smoking on the course is only permitted in the rough and treed areas.
- Mulch on the course is to be treated as an integral part of the course where the individual pieces of mulch may be moved as a loose impediment.